The lawsuit now exclusively focuses on a retaliation claim under the First Amendment. The crux of the matter hinges on a recent law passed in Florida revoking Disney’s special tax rules, which came after a public dispute over sex education law in the state putting the governor and entertainment company at odds.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
Disney Restructures Lawsuit After Alleging 'Government Retaliation'
The Walt Disney Company retailored its lawsuit against Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to focus on what it alleges was a “targeted campaign of government retaliation.” So reports ABC News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Amazon Antitrust Lawsuit May Define Legacy of FTC Chair Lina Khan
- School Officials Made Meme of Student's Bare Breast and Janet Jackson: Lawsuit
- Elon University To Launch Part-time Law School for Working Folks
- Embattled Rudy Giuliani Sued By Ex-lawyer Over Legal Bills
- Joe Jonas, Sophie Turner Locked in Custody Battle Tied to International Treaty