Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Sen. Dick Durbin and other Democrats on the committee requested the now-refused recusal last month. Durbin said the interview creates an “appearance of impropriety,” and as such, necessitates he step aside from Moore v. U.S.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 25 seconds
Alito Refuses to Recuse in Moore v. U.S.
Justice Samuel Alito has refused calls to step aside from a pending tax case despite participating in an interview conducted by attorney David Rivkin, who is involved in the case, and The Wall Street Journal. So reports Politico.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Amazon Antitrust Lawsuit May Define Legacy of FTC Chair Lina Khan
- School Officials Made Meme of Student's Bare Breast and Janet Jackson: Lawsuit
- Elon University To Launch Part-time Law School for Working Folks
- Embattled Rudy Giuliani Sued By Ex-lawyer Over Legal Bills
- Joe Jonas, Sophie Turner Locked in Custody Battle Tied to International Treaty