If fully approved, California would be the largest state to allow non-lawyers to offer legal advice. Topics like consumer debt and employment would be covered under the new rule.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 20 seconds
Cali Moves Closer to Trained Paraprofessional Legal Counseling
California is one step closer to allowing paraprofessionals to offer legal counsel in certain circumstances after the State Bar of California’s Board of Trustees gave a preliminary nod of approval. So reports Reuters.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Trump Ally Bannon in Contempt: House Vote
- Ex-chief Justice Takes Over Political Leadership Chair At UGA Law
- NY Labor Dept. Gives Conditional Green Light to Go to Work High, Explains Lawyer
- Kellogg’s Under Fire for Lack of Strawberries in Popular Pop Tart Product, Per Lawsuit
- SCOTUS Planning Nov. Hearings for Controversial Texas Abortion Law