At issue, reads the article, is the reality that the devices have been found to activate even when they are not prompted. As such, conversations are allegedly being recorded without user consent, and then being shared with third-party contractors. The judge did dismiss one piece of the suit dealing with economic damages, however, the privacy rights pieces will still be allowed to proceed.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 30 seconds
Siri Is Listening To You, Even When You Aren’t Talking To Her: Lawsuit
A federal judge in California ruled a lawsuit alleging Apple’s personal assistant Siri is improperly recording user conversations can move forward largely intact. So reports The Washington Post.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Cali Moves Closer to Trained Paraprofessional Legal Counseling
- Trump Family Legal Drama Continues: Donald Takes Niece, NYT to Court
- Washington State Workers Push Back Against Vaccine Mandate in New Court Filing
- Chauvin, For Now, Representing Himself in George Floyd Murder Appeal
- 'Jane Doe' Refiles Sex Abuse Accusations Against Marilyn Manson