The lawsuit alleges the association’s authority to delay eligibility for athletes who transfer schools violates antitrust law. Per NCAA rules, underclassmen are permitted one transfer before being required to sit out a year, although there is a waiver system in place that can be used for certain players.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 22 seconds
NCAA Facing Sherman Act Antitrust Lawsuit From 6 States
A cohort of states is suing the NCAA in federal court over its transfer rule. So reports AP News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- California Drivers No Longer Need To Answer Cop’s Question
- Iowa Ban On LGBTQ+ Books Largely Blocked Ahead Of Enactment
- Michael Cohen's Legal Defense Included Non-existent Cases Invented By Google Bard: Report
- Hershey Sued For False Advertising Over 'Cute' Holiday Candy
- Terms Of Bombshell Google Privacy Settlement Undisclosed