The lawsuit, which was filed in a California federal court, seeks to alter the relationship between the two companies from that of “contractor” to “employee.” The case is the first time a FedEx Ground contractor sued the company using the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, also known as RICO, said Jeffrey Possinger, who is representing PYNQ Logistics Services.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 29 seconds
FedEx, Contractor Head To Court Under RICO Allegations
PYNQ Logistics Services, a third-party affiliate of FedEx, is suing the shipping giant for engaging in a “systemic pattern of illegal and wrongful business practices” in violation of anti-racketeering law. So reports Reuters.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- California Drivers No Longer Need To Answer Cop’s Question
- Iowa Ban On LGBTQ+ Books Largely Blocked Ahead Of Enactment
- Michael Cohen's Legal Defense Included Non-existent Cases Invented By Google Bard: Report
- Hershey Sued For False Advertising Over 'Cute' Holiday Candy
- Terms Of Bombshell Google Privacy Settlement Undisclosed