Hein said the medical professionals responsible for her care “did not address her underlying mental health concerns nor provide her or her parents the full information needed for informed consent.” She is seeking $2.25 million in damages.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
Woman Seeks $2.25M in Lawsuit After Gender-affirming Double Mastectomy
Luka Hein, of Nebraska, filed a lawsuit against the University of Nebraska Medical Center, several physicians, her therapist, the University of Nebraska Board of Regents and Nebraska Medicine for negligence after having a double mastectomy related to gender-affirming care when she was 16 years old. So reports the Nebraska Examiner.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Amazon Antitrust Lawsuit May Define Legacy of FTC Chair Lina Khan
- School Officials Made Meme of Student's Bare Breast and Janet Jackson: Lawsuit
- Elon University To Launch Part-time Law School for Working Folks
- Embattled Rudy Giuliani Sued By Ex-lawyer Over Legal Bills
- Joe Jonas, Sophie Turner Locked in Custody Battle Tied to International Treaty