Dotson’s family alleges police showed up to the wrong address, leading to the fatal encounter that included an open exchange of bullets between Dotson, his wife and police. The lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court and is centered on a deprivation of civil rights allegation.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 26 seconds
Family of NM Man Sues Farmington After Accidental Fatal Shooting
The family of Robert Dotson, of New Mexico, is suing Farmington and several police officers after they mistakenly shot and killed him during a domestic violence call. So reports the Associated Press.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Amazon Antitrust Lawsuit May Define Legacy of FTC Chair Lina Khan
- School Officials Made Meme of Student's Bare Breast and Janet Jackson: Lawsuit
- Elon University To Launch Part-time Law School for Working Folks
- Embattled Rudy Giuliani Sued By Ex-lawyer Over Legal Bills
- Joe Jonas, Sophie Turner Locked in Custody Battle Tied to International Treaty