To that end, a New York City jury found Sheeran did not engage in “willful copyright infringement.” Prompting the lawsuit, the English superstar was accused of copyright encroachment by the estate of Ed Townsend, who wrote Gaye’s classic.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 23 seconds
Sheeran Fends Off Another Copyright Infringement Case
- Thursday, May 04 2023
- News Roundup
- Written by Progressive Law Practice
- font size decrease font size increase font size
Musician Ed Sheeran successfully defended a lawsuit alleging his hit song “Thinking Out Loud” was inappropriately similar to another hit tune, Marvin Gaye’s “Let’s Get It On.” So reports ABC News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Boston Grant Program Targets Legal Services for Immigrant Population
- Hugh Grant’s Illegal Snooping Lawsuit Against The Sun Can Proceed: Judge
- New Wake Forest Law Dean: Commitment to Innovation Drew Me In
- Virginia Election Czar Out, State Withdraws from Voter Roll Program
- Recently Discovered Letter from Brian Laundrie’s Mom Discusses 'Burying a Body'