Gillispie sued ex-detective Scott Moore and the Miami Township’s police department for “suppressing evidence and tainting eyewitness identifications in [a] 1991 rape and kidnapping case.” To help clear his name, Gillispie had help from the Ohio Innocence Project at the University of Cincinnati law school, ex-Ohio Attorney General Jim Petro and his own mother.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 24 seconds
Ohio Innocence Project Helps Secure $45M Verdict for Wrongfully Imprisoned Man
Dean Gillispie, of Ohio, won $45 million after being wrongfully convicted and imprisoned for more than 20 years. So reports the USA Today.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Robb Elementary School Survivors File $27B Suit
- Ukraine to Sketch Law Freezing Out Alleged Pro-Moscow Churches
- Kansas Supreme Court Judge Resigns from Teaching Job, Citing 'Closed and Stifling Culture'
- Ex-Twitter Employees Threaten Arbitration Over Latent Severance
- Woman Looking for Big Cheddar in Velveeta False Advertising Lawsuit