The suit, filed in San Francisco, also alleges Sam Bankman-Fried and Caroline Ellison were responsible for his losses. The lawsuit suggests the team’s decision to make FTX its “official cryptocurrency platform and NFT marketplace” amounted to fraudulent promotion of the embattled company, and as such, is seeking $5 million in damages.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 29 seconds
Golden State Warriors Facing Class-action Suit in Wake of FTX Debacle
Elliott Lam, a Canadian resident living in Hong Kong, is seeking a class-action suit against the NBA’s Golden State Warriors, among others, in the wake of losing $750,000 as a result of FTX’s bankruptcy filing. So reports Business Insider.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Robb Elementary School Survivors File $27B Suit
- Ukraine to Sketch Law Freezing Out Alleged Pro-Moscow Churches
- Kansas Supreme Court Judge Resigns from Teaching Job, Citing 'Closed and Stifling Culture'
- Ex-Twitter Employees Threaten Arbitration Over Latent Severance
- Woman Looking for Big Cheddar in Velveeta False Advertising Lawsuit