The lawsuit alleges the Biden administration’s stimulus plan provides “$4 billion to forgive loans for socially disadvantaged farmers and ranchers who are Black, American Indian, Hispanic, Alaskan native, Asian American or Pacific Islander.” The white farmers say the program infringes on their constitutional rights.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
White Farmers Call Race-Based Loan Forgiveness Program Unconstitutional
A group of farmers from Wisconsin, Ohio, Minnesota and South Dakota are suing the government because they are not eligible to participate in a loan forgiveness program due to the fact that they are white. So reports the Associated Press.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Michigan Rep. Introduces Legislation to Limit THC in Blood of Drivers
- Migrants Separated During Trump-era Expected to Live in U.S. Permanently: Lawyer
- Standing Bear Descendant Calls on Harvard to Return Ancestral Tomahawk
- JOCO to Remain Operational as NYC Challenges New Bike-share Service
- PlayStation User Sues Sony Third-party Downloads