One of the student groups, QLaw, which advocates for the LGBTQ population on campus, has spearheaded the effort to have the Women’s Liberation Front removed from its upcoming job fair. At the heart of the matter is the First Amendment, which the school’s administration has cited as reason to allow the group on campus, and its interaction with the “school’s anti-discrimination policy,” which students have cited as sufficient cause to keep them off.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 37 seconds
Wisc. Law School 'At Odds' with LGBTQ Group Over Hiring Fair
The University of Wisconsin Law School and some of its student groups are “at odds” over an upcoming event. Critics accuse the school of allowing a group that “rejects the existence of transgender identity” to participate. So reports the Wisconsin State Journal.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Manhattan DA Has Trump’s Tax Returns After Legal Battle
- Pro-bono Lawyers Reunited 105 Migrant Kids with Parents
- Biden’s DOJ Not Backing Female Student Athlete Suing Over Transgender Competitors
- Texan Charged More Than $9K for Energy Bill Sues Operator for $1B
- TikTok Settles Class Action Involving Kids As Young As Six, Unpublished Video Data