Jeanine Pirro, Lou Dobbs and Maria Bartiromo were named in the suit alleging they maliciously spread disinformation about the voting technology company in the wake of the 2020 presidential election. The company’s employees have since faced threats and cyberattacks and the company is projecting millions in lost revenue as, they argue, it was unduly targeted by the plaintiffs.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 30 seconds
Defamation Case Against Fox News Has Legs: CNN Legal Analyst
CNN senior legal analyst Laura Coates said the actions of three top Fox News hosts, plus Sidney Powell and Rudy Giuliani, are “the definition of defamation” with respect to the $2.7 billion suit from Smartmatic against them. So reports CNN.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Details Emerge from Kansas Lawmaker’s DUI Arrest
- Redditors: 'NDLS Massacre' Frustrating Reality for Prospective Students
- Biden Nominates Robert Anderson of Minnesota Chippewa Tribe As Solicitor of Interior
- DeSantis Takes to the Courts to Get Florida Cruise Ships Sailing
- O.J. Settles with The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas in Defamation Suit