Jeanine Pirro, Lou Dobbs and Maria Bartiromo were named in the suit alleging they maliciously spread disinformation about the voting technology company in the wake of the 2020 presidential election. The company’s employees have since faced threats and cyberattacks and the company is projecting millions in lost revenue as, they argue, it was unduly targeted by the plaintiffs.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 30 seconds
Defamation Case Against Fox News Has Legs: CNN Legal Analyst
CNN senior legal analyst Laura Coates said the actions of three top Fox News hosts, plus Sidney Powell and Rudy Giuliani, are “the definition of defamation” with respect to the $2.7 billion suit from Smartmatic against them. So reports CNN.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Manhattan DA Has Trump’s Tax Returns After Legal Battle
- Pro-bono Lawyers Reunited 105 Migrant Kids with Parents
- Biden’s DOJ Not Backing Female Student Athlete Suing Over Transgender Competitors
- Texan Charged More Than $9K for Energy Bill Sues Operator for $1B
- TikTok Settles Class Action Involving Kids As Young As Six, Unpublished Video Data