Cuomo said the move would be aimed at reforming the criminal justice system and could raise as much as $300 million for the state's coffers. Medical marijuana is legal in New York and recreational use is permitted in nearby Massachusetts, Vermont and New Jersey.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 25 seconds
Cuomo Pushes Pot As Criminal Justice Reform, Revenue Raiser
New York could be the next state to legalize recreational marijuana if Gov. Andrew Cuomo is successful in his push to join other nearby states that have already done so. So reports The Hill.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Villanova Law Dean Who Stressed Inclusion, Precision Dead At 90 from Heart Failure
- Oregon Law Looks to Insulate Schools from COVID-19 Damage Claims
- Lawyer Looks to Ditch Trump As Client After President’s 'Repugnant' Behavior
- Boston Marathon Bomber Sues Feds with Handwritten Note Over a Hat
- Renters Facing Eviction Might See More Legal Help from Cities: Expert