Falwell initially argued Liberty harmed his reputation by accepting the resignation without first verifying statements from his wife’s apparent lover, who he claims was attempting to extort the couple. There was no reason cited for the decision to drop the suit.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 24 seconds
Falwell Backs Off Defamation Claim Against Liberty University
Jerry Falwell Jr. dropped the defamation lawsuit he filed against Liberty University after a series of scandals led to his resignation as president of the school. So reports The Washington Post.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- London Taxi Drivers Threaten Lawsuit Against Uber Over Direct Hails
- Legal Association Wants Giuliani Investigated Over Attempt to Overthrow Election
- Biden’ Administration Gets Hit with First Big Lawsuit As Texas Challenges Immigration Policy
- NRA Case in NY Can Move Forward in State Court: Judge
- Mass. Attorney Charged with Rape While Out On Bail for Rape Charge