Floyd owns Omega Bootcamps, Inc. and said restrictions and shutdowns have put local businesses in a tough financial spot. To that end, Floyd’s attorney said the lawsuit, unlike other similar ones, focuses on the state’s Emergency Management Act and not the Constitution and argues the state should be paying businesses shuttered in response to the pandemic.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
Gym Owner Says Kansas Owes Him Money Over Shutdown
Wichita gym owner Ryan Floyd is suing the state of Kansas for relief after his business was shut down. So reports 3KSN, an NBC affiliate.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- London Taxi Drivers Threaten Lawsuit Against Uber Over Direct Hails
- Legal Association Wants Giuliani Investigated Over Attempt to Overthrow Election
- Biden’ Administration Gets Hit with First Big Lawsuit As Texas Challenges Immigration Policy
- NRA Case in NY Can Move Forward in State Court: Judge
- Mass. Attorney Charged with Rape While Out On Bail for Rape Charge