The grants are designed to support legal consultations, assistance with filing forms and “Know Your Rights” training, among other things. Allocations ranged between $5,000 and $90,000 and will come from the Office for Immigrant Advancement’s operating budget.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 21 seconds
Boston Grant Program Targets Legal Services for Immigrant Population
Boston Mayor Michelle Wu awarded $711,000 worth of grants to 15 separate community-based groups aimed at providing legal services for the city’s immigrant population. So reports the Boston Globe.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Amazon Antitrust Lawsuit May Define Legacy of FTC Chair Lina Khan
- School Officials Made Meme of Student's Bare Breast and Janet Jackson: Lawsuit
- Elon University To Launch Part-time Law School for Working Folks
- Embattled Rudy Giuliani Sued By Ex-lawyer Over Legal Bills
- Joe Jonas, Sophie Turner Locked in Custody Battle Tied to International Treaty