The lawsuit was filed by a coalition of environmental groups including the Pueblo Action Alliance and Youth United for Climate Crisis Action. Additionally, it comes in the wake of “record revenue” from Permian Basin oil production, and it marks the first test of the state’s pollution-control clause passed in 1971.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
Environmental Groups Sue NM Over Drilling Pollution, Put Constitution At Heart of Suit
- Monday, May 15 2023
- News Roundup
- Written by Progressive Law Practice
- font size decrease font size increase font size
New Mexico and Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham are facing a lawsuit alleging they failed to protect residents from gas and oil pollution per their constitutional requirement. So reports the Associated Press.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Boston Grant Program Targets Legal Services for Immigrant Population
- Hugh Grant’s Illegal Snooping Lawsuit Against The Sun Can Proceed: Judge
- New Wake Forest Law Dean: Commitment to Innovation Drew Me In
- Virginia Election Czar Out, State Withdraws from Voter Roll Program
- Recently Discovered Letter from Brian Laundrie’s Mom Discusses 'Burying a Body'