After President Joe Biden approved the Willow Project on Alaska’s North Slope, which will allow ConocoPhillips to tap into the nation’s petroleum reserve, more than three million petition signatures and one million letters were filed in protest. Trustees for Alaska and Earthjustice are leading the suits against the Department of Interior as well as the Fish and Wildlife Service, the Bureau of Land Management and other agencies.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
Advocates Sue Feds Over Controversial Alaska Drilling Plan
- Saturday, Mar 18 2023
- News Roundup
- Written by Progressive Law Practice
- font size decrease font size increase font size
Indigenous groups and environmental advocates filed two lawsuits challenging recently approved oil drilling in Alaska. So reports CNN.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Stanford Apologizes to Conservative Judge Accosted By Protestors
- Minn. Lawyer Uses Music, Humor to Tackle Touchy Estate Planning
- No Apparent Explanation Why Ex-Lawyer Killed Wife in Ohio Park
- Tesla Car Owner Plans Class Action Over Alleged Service Monopoly
- Quill Pens, Legal Docs from Roe v. Wade Go for $615M+ at Auction