The matter stems from lawsuits brought by two U.S. Capitol Police officers who said the former President was culpable for the violence. After a U.S. District Court judge previously ruled the suits could continue, despite the ex-President’s motion to dismiss them, Trump appealed. The courts then turned to the DOJ to offer its opinion on the matter.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
DOJ Rejects Absolute Immunity Argument in Jan. 6 Civil Suit Against Trump
- Saturday, Mar 04 2023
- News Roundup
- Written by Progressive Law Practice
- font size decrease font size increase font size
The Department of Justice said former President Donald Trump is not immune from civil lawsuits related to the Jan. 6, 2021 riot at the Capitol. So reports CNBC.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Stanford Apologizes to Conservative Judge Accosted By Protestors
- Minn. Lawyer Uses Music, Humor to Tackle Touchy Estate Planning
- No Apparent Explanation Why Ex-Lawyer Killed Wife in Ohio Park
- Advocates Sue Feds Over Controversial Alaska Drilling Plan
- Tesla Car Owner Plans Class Action Over Alleged Service Monopoly