U.S. District Judge Donald M. Middlebrooks said the former president undermined the “rule of law” by filing the suits which were described as a means of airing political grievances rather than seeking justice. Trump also dropped a separate lawsuit against New York State Attorney General Letitia James seeking to stall a civil case she is bringing against his company.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 30 seconds
Judge: Trump Abused 'Rule of Law’ with Frivolous Lawsuits
Ex-President Donald Trump, along with one of his lawyers, has been ordered to pay close to $1 million for filing a frivolous lawsuit against political rival Hillary Clinton as well as others. So reports CBS News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Embattled Ex-assistant Dean at TSU Law Charged for Sex Crime Against Minor
- Student Wins Against School in Fight Over 'Jesus-themed' COVID-19 Mask
- Rittenhouse Civil Suit Can Proceed Even Though He Wasn’t Served in Person: Judge
- Fifth Circuit: Gun Law Restricting Those with Domestic Violence History Unconstitutional
- 'Erin Brockovich' Attorney Indicted for Stealing $18M in Client Funds