The new policy will be paired with another program allowing certain individuals from Cuba, Nicaragua and Haiti to enter the U.S. legally, similar to the process Venezuelan and Ukrainian refugees use. Experts say Biden’s recent remarks and actions signal he will make border control, which is now a political liability, a priority in 2023.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 29 seconds
Biden Appears Poised to Make Border a Priority: Experts
President Biden announced a new “migration management strategy” pairing additional expulsions with increased opportunities for immigrants. This comes as record numbers of migrants continue to enter the U.S. through the southern border. So reports CBS News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Embattled Ex-assistant Dean at TSU Law Charged for Sex Crime Against Minor
- Student Wins Against School in Fight Over 'Jesus-themed' COVID-19 Mask
- Rittenhouse Civil Suit Can Proceed Even Though He Wasn’t Served in Person: Judge
- Fifth Circuit: Gun Law Restricting Those with Domestic Violence History Unconstitutional
- 'Erin Brockovich' Attorney Indicted for Stealing $18M in Client Funds