The law was initially blocked in July of 2021. The lawsuit was filed by representatives of 11-year-old Becky Pepper-Jackson, a transgender middle school student hoping to run track on her school’s girl’s cross country team.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 22 seconds
W. Virginia Law Inhibiting Trans Athletes Will Be Enforced: Judge
West Virginia will now be allowed to enforce a law restricting what sports teams transgender girls will be permitted to play on after a recent ruling from Judge Joseph R. Goodwin. So reports Politico.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Embattled Ex-assistant Dean at TSU Law Charged for Sex Crime Against Minor
- Student Wins Against School in Fight Over 'Jesus-themed' COVID-19 Mask
- Rittenhouse Civil Suit Can Proceed Even Though He Wasn’t Served in Person: Judge
- Fifth Circuit: Gun Law Restricting Those with Domestic Violence History Unconstitutional
- 'Erin Brockovich' Attorney Indicted for Stealing $18M in Client Funds