With the ruling, the committee will be temporarily blocked from having access to the forms even though the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit declined to intervene on Trump’s behalf. Trump’s attorneys said the request for the returns “does not stand up to scrutiny” and also raises constitutional issues.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 28 seconds
Trump Scores Win in Quest to Keep Tax Returns from House W&M Committee
Chief Justice John Roberts asked the House Ways and Means Committee to respond to former President Trump’s assertion his tax returns should remain out of its hands. So reports NBC News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Robb Elementary School Survivors File $27B Suit
- Ukraine to Sketch Law Freezing Out Alleged Pro-Moscow Churches
- Kansas Supreme Court Judge Resigns from Teaching Job, Citing 'Closed and Stifling Culture'
- Ex-Twitter Employees Threaten Arbitration Over Latent Severance
- Woman Looking for Big Cheddar in Velveeta False Advertising Lawsuit