As such, the New York State Commission on Judicial Conduct is calling for him to be removed from his position. Putorti described the defendant as a “big Black man” while discussing the matter with others.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 22 seconds
Remove Judge Over Handgun Incident: NYS Judicial Commission
Robert J. Putorti, a judge in Whitehall, New York, has been accused of pulling a handgun out and pointing it at a defendant during a case several years ago. So reports a CBS 6.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Robb Elementary School Survivors File $27B Suit
- Ukraine to Sketch Law Freezing Out Alleged Pro-Moscow Churches
- Kansas Supreme Court Judge Resigns from Teaching Job, Citing 'Closed and Stifling Culture'
- Ex-Twitter Employees Threaten Arbitration Over Latent Severance
- Woman Looking for Big Cheddar in Velveeta False Advertising Lawsuit