The award-winning legal academic previously served as the William B. Bates distinguished chair of law as well as the director of the Institute for Higher Education Law and Governance at the University of Houston Law Center. Among his many accolades, Olivas was awarded the Association of American Law School’s Triennial Award, which is considered the highest honor a professor of law can receive. He was 71.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
Award-winning Law Scholar, Beloved Mentor Michael Olivas Dead at 71
Michael Olivas, a well-known Latino law professor and civil rights advocate, has died. So reports NBC News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Texas AG Sues Google Over Private Browsing Practices
- NY Man Calls Foul on McDonald’s, Wendy’s Over Burger Ads
- Internet Speculation Rampant with Rumors of Depp-attorney Relationship
- Berkeley Law to Allow Native American Students to Attend Cost-free
- Mother Suing TikTok After Child Dies Doing 'Blackout Challenge'