The new allegations include “breach of trust with fraudulent intent” and various computer crimes. With the most recent allegations added, Murdaugh is now being accused of ripping off his victims to the tune of nearly $9 million in addition to plotting a fake death for insurance money.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 23 seconds
Once-prominent S.C. Attorney Facing Slew of New Charges as Allegations Pile Up
Alex Murdaugh, a once-celebrated South Carolina lawyer, is facing 27 new charges after being accused of fraud, money laundering and stealing. So reports CBS News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Texas AG Sues Google Over Private Browsing Practices
- NY Man Calls Foul on McDonald’s, Wendy’s Over Burger Ads
- Internet Speculation Rampant with Rumors of Depp-attorney Relationship
- Berkeley Law to Allow Native American Students to Attend Cost-free
- Mother Suing TikTok After Child Dies Doing 'Blackout Challenge'