Hoffmeyer, who is biracial, is seeking $1 million in damages and alleging his daughter’s constitutional rights were violated. He has also accused the district of “racial discrimination, ethnic intimidation, intentional infliction of emotional distress and assault and battery.” An independent investigation into the matter did not find the incident was racially motivated.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 26 seconds
Michigan Dad Sues School District for $1M After Teacher 'Evens Out' Daughter’s Hair
Jimmy Hoffmeyer, of Michigan, filed a federal lawsuit against Mount Pleasant Public Schools after his 7-year-old daughter’s hair was cut by a teacher. So reports USA Today.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Trump Ally Bannon in Contempt: House Vote
- Ex-chief Justice Takes Over Political Leadership Chair At UGA Law
- NY Labor Dept. Gives Conditional Green Light to Go to Work High, Explains Lawyer
- Kellogg’s Under Fire for Lack of Strawberries in Popular Pop Tart Product, Per Lawsuit
- SCOTUS Planning Nov. Hearings for Controversial Texas Abortion Law