The lawyer’s brother reported the cause of death as heart attack, but a medical examiner said a precise cause could take months to determine. Leiderman had represented clients, like those in the infamous group Anonymous, accused of things like crashing government and corporate websites..
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 23 seconds
'Hacktivist's Advocate' Dead of Apparent Heart Attack: Brother
California defense lawyer Jay Leiderman, who gained fame for his advocacy of whistleblowers, hackers and political dissidents, was found dead at age 50. So reports Gizmodo.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Cali Moves Closer to Trained Paraprofessional Legal Counseling
- Trump Family Legal Drama Continues: Donald Takes Niece, NYT to Court
- Washington State Workers Push Back Against Vaccine Mandate in New Court Filing
- Chauvin, For Now, Representing Himself in George Floyd Murder Appeal
- 'Jane Doe' Refiles Sex Abuse Accusations Against Marilyn Manson