The FTC filed an amended lawsuit after a 3-2 vote that included input from Chairwoman Lina Khan, who Facebook asked be recused due to comments she made critical of big tech. The FTC made a previous complaint regarding alleged anti-competitive behavior from Facebook, although those claims were dismissed in June.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
FTC Coming After Facebook Again with More Explicit Allegations
The Federal Trade Commission has filed a new antitrust lawsuit against Facebook hoping to “jump-start” its case that the company has abused a social media monopoly. So reports The Wall Street Journal.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Trump Ally Bannon in Contempt: House Vote
- Ex-chief Justice Takes Over Political Leadership Chair At UGA Law
- NY Labor Dept. Gives Conditional Green Light to Go to Work High, Explains Lawyer
- Kellogg’s Under Fire for Lack of Strawberries in Popular Pop Tart Product, Per Lawsuit
- SCOTUS Planning Nov. Hearings for Controversial Texas Abortion Law