The FTC filed an amended lawsuit after a 3-2 vote that included input from Chairwoman Lina Khan, who Facebook asked be recused due to comments she made critical of big tech. The FTC made a previous complaint regarding alleged anti-competitive behavior from Facebook, although those claims were dismissed in June.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
FTC Coming After Facebook Again with More Explicit Allegations
The Federal Trade Commission has filed a new antitrust lawsuit against Facebook hoping to “jump-start” its case that the company has abused a social media monopoly. So reports The Wall Street Journal.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Cali Moves Closer to Trained Paraprofessional Legal Counseling
- Trump Family Legal Drama Continues: Donald Takes Niece, NYT to Court
- Washington State Workers Push Back Against Vaccine Mandate in New Court Filing
- Chauvin, For Now, Representing Himself in George Floyd Murder Appeal
- 'Jane Doe' Refiles Sex Abuse Accusations Against Marilyn Manson