The amended charges now include allegations Weinstein restrained a woman and touched her “intimate part” in May of 2010. The status of the charge was in limbo as the courts weighed statute of limitations considerations and procedural other issues.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 23 seconds
Weinstein Indictment Amended As Courts Grapple with Statute of Limitations Considerations
A grand jury has amended the indictment against embattled producer Harvey Weinstein and he is now facing 11 Los Angeles County sexual assault charges. So reports The New York Daily News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Trump Ally Bannon in Contempt: House Vote
- Ex-chief Justice Takes Over Political Leadership Chair At UGA Law
- NY Labor Dept. Gives Conditional Green Light to Go to Work High, Explains Lawyer
- Kellogg’s Under Fire for Lack of Strawberries in Popular Pop Tart Product, Per Lawsuit
- SCOTUS Planning Nov. Hearings for Controversial Texas Abortion Law