Banda, who likens wearing face coverings to having on a “dunce cap,” argued the court’s new rules did not give him enough time to get a COVID-19 vaccine even if he wanted one. Banda, whose client was convicted of sexual exploitation of a minor, said the mask matter might have caused the jury to have an unconscious bias against him.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 30 seconds
Unvaccinated Attorney: Mask Mandate May Have Led to Unconscious Bias Against Me, Client
Darrick X. Banda, an unvaccinated attorney in Maine, was forced to wear a mask during a recent trial after losing an appeal to go mask-less. So reports the Associated Press.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Smollett Trial's Bizarre Turn: Counsel Says Judge Lunged at Her During Sidebar
- Long Island Lawyer Going to Jail for Scheme to Defraud Child Out of $2M Inheritance
- Meta Fires Back at FTC in 'Buy or Bury' Lawsuit
- Group of Lawyers Backing Trump’s Electoral Claims Fined $175K
- ABA to Allow GRE to Be Used When Assessing Law School Candidates