Trump had issued an executive order to ban the app arguing it posed a security threat by allowing the Chinese government to gather user data on U.S. citizens. Under the settlement agreement, which came after a separate review of the matter by President Joe Biden, both sides agreed the suit should not go forward and will instead be dismissed.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 29 seconds
Biden Admin Rescinds Trump TikTok Ban, Settles with Firm
Chinese-owned TikTok and the White House have come to an agreement after former President Donald Trump’s administration tried to ban the social media company from America. So reports Fox News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Smollett Trial's Bizarre Turn: Counsel Says Judge Lunged at Her During Sidebar
- Long Island Lawyer Going to Jail for Scheme to Defraud Child Out of $2M Inheritance
- Meta Fires Back at FTC in 'Buy or Bury' Lawsuit
- Group of Lawyers Backing Trump’s Electoral Claims Fined $175K
- ABA to Allow GRE to Be Used When Assessing Law School Candidates