The additional week-plus is set to give the singer’s newest counsel, Devereaux Cannick, a chance to get caught up with the details of the case. Further complicating matters, one of Kelly’s lawyers, Thomas Farinella, has accused members of the singer’s own defense team of intentionally withholding relevant paperwork.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 28 seconds
R. Kelly Trial Date Set, Bail Denied
Judge Ann Donnelly rejected embattled recording artist R. Kelly’s bail application and moved his trial date to Wednesday, Aug. 18. It was originally set for Monday, Aug. 9. So reports the The New York Daily News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Cuomo Signs 'Nalia's Law' Raising Age of Marriage Consent to 18 in New York
- Unvaccinated Attorney: Mask Mandate May Have Led to Unconscious Bias Against Me, Client
- 'QAnon Shaman' Seeking Plea Deal, Diagnosed with Mental Disorders
- Biden Admin Rescinds Trump TikTok Ban, Settles with Firm
- Blizzard Facing Bombshell Allegations Over Discrimination, 'Constant Sexual Harassment’