Per the order, the USDA will be prohibited from making any payments until a final decision is reached regarding the new program, which is set to forgive loans made to approximately 16,000 minority farmers. White farmers around the country have challenged the program as they said it is unfair they are not eligible for forgiveness because of the color of their skin.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 29 seconds
Historic Debt Relief Program for Minority Farmers Paused As Final Decision is Pending
The Agriculture Department’s debt relief program aimed at farmers of color is facing a new setback after a federal judge issued a preliminary injunction for the program. So reports Politico.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Cuomo Signs 'Nalia's Law' Raising Age of Marriage Consent to 18 in New York
- Unvaccinated Attorney: Mask Mandate May Have Led to Unconscious Bias Against Me, Client
- 'QAnon Shaman' Seeking Plea Deal, Diagnosed with Mental Disorders
- Biden Admin Rescinds Trump TikTok Ban, Settles with Firm
- Blizzard Facing Bombshell Allegations Over Discrimination, 'Constant Sexual Harassment’