David Andino, who is the lead plaintiff, argues the company is misleading customers by allowing them to the “buy” shows, movies and albums while also retaining the right to revoke access to that content, “for example, when the company loses distribution rights to content that users haven’t secured by downloading to their device.” Apple was able to have Andino’s claims of “unjust enrichment” tossed, though. That could have impacted how potential damages would be calculated.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 32 seconds
Lawsuit Challenging Apple’s Digital Content Offerings Can Proceed: Federal Judge
A federal judge will allow a class action lawsuit, which challenges the way Apple offers digital content, to proceed. So reports The Verge.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- SpaceX Facing Potential Prosecution Over Unlicensed Guards, Beach Closures
- Ice Cube’s Infringement Case Against Robinhood Melts with Federal Ruling
- Judge Tosses Murder Case Against Simone Biles’ Brother After Mistrial
- DOJ Pushing Death Sentence for Boston Marathon bomber
- Utah Assistant AG Apologizes for Bizarre 'Die and Go to Hell' Email