Titled “Public Official A” in federal documents, Madigan is accused of bribery and has been racking up legal costs to defend himself. Madigan reported spending $2.6 million in fees with Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP, $66,677.35 to firm Mayer Brown, LLP and another $6,002 to Fox Swibel Levin & Carroll, LLP. He has not yet been charged with a crime.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
Ex-Illinois Speaker Spent $7M in Legal Fees and Still Hasn’t Been Charged
Embattled former Speaker of the Illinois House, Mike Madigan, has spent nearly $3 million in legal fees this year, and almost $6.8 million to date. So reports The Chicago Sun-Times.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Michigan Rep. Introduces Legislation to Limit THC in Blood of Drivers
- Migrants Separated During Trump-era Expected to Live in U.S. Permanently: Lawyer
- Standing Bear Descendant Calls on Harvard to Return Ancestral Tomahawk
- JOCO to Remain Operational as NYC Challenges New Bike-share Service
- PlayStation User Sues Sony Third-party Downloads