Kepke was said to have created “offshore entities and foreign bank accounts” to that end, according to the U.S. Department of Justice. Smith, who is the CEO of Vista Equity Partners, admitted to using the accounts to avoid paying taxes for upwards of 15 years.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 22 seconds
Houston Tax Lawyer Charged with Aiding Billionaire’s Evasion for 15 Years
Carlos Kepke, a Houston tax lawyer, was charged with helping billionaire Robert F. Smith hide approximately $225 million from the federal government. So reports Bloomberg.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Michigan Rep. Introduces Legislation to Limit THC in Blood of Drivers
- Migrants Separated During Trump-era Expected to Live in U.S. Permanently: Lawyer
- Standing Bear Descendant Calls on Harvard to Return Ancestral Tomahawk
- JOCO to Remain Operational as NYC Challenges New Bike-share Service
- PlayStation User Sues Sony Third-party Downloads