Anderson is a member of the Bois Forte Band of the Minnesota Chippewa Tribe. The nomination comes as the administration is placing a greater emphasis on Native Americans; recently, Interior Secretary Deb Haaland was confirmed by the Senate as the first Native American to head a federal department.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 24 seconds
Biden Nominates Robert Anderson of Minnesota Chippewa Tribe As Solicitor of Interior
President Joe Biden has nominated Robert Anderson, a Native American law expert, to be the solicitor of the Interior Department. So reports the Wisconsin Examiner.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Michigan Rep. Introduces Legislation to Limit THC in Blood of Drivers
- Migrants Separated During Trump-era Expected to Live in U.S. Permanently: Lawyer
- Standing Bear Descendant Calls on Harvard to Return Ancestral Tomahawk
- JOCO to Remain Operational as NYC Challenges New Bike-share Service
- PlayStation User Sues Sony Third-party Downloads