Anderson is a member of the Bois Forte Band of the Minnesota Chippewa Tribe. The nomination comes as the administration is placing a greater emphasis on Native Americans; recently, Interior Secretary Deb Haaland was confirmed by the Senate as the first Native American to head a federal department.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 24 seconds
Biden Nominates Robert Anderson of Minnesota Chippewa Tribe As Solicitor of Interior
President Joe Biden has nominated Robert Anderson, a Native American law expert, to be the solicitor of the Interior Department. So reports the Wisconsin Examiner.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- SpaceX Facing Potential Prosecution Over Unlicensed Guards, Beach Closures
- Ice Cube’s Infringement Case Against Robinhood Melts with Federal Ruling
- Judge Tosses Murder Case Against Simone Biles’ Brother After Mistrial
- DOJ Pushing Death Sentence for Boston Marathon bomber
- Utah Assistant AG Apologizes for Bizarre 'Die and Go to Hell' Email