Recently revealed court papers show the two Black Lives Matter protestors are seeking a 90-day extension to discuss the matter with federal prosecutors. Prosecutors offered a deal to the duo in February, but the terms were not disclosed. If convicted on all charges, they could potentially be sentenced to life in prison.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
Attorneys Facing Life in Prison for NYPD Van Explosion Can't Reach Plea Deal
Colinford Mattis and Urooj Rahman, two attorneys charged with throwing explosives into an empty NYPD van during a protest in Brooklyn, are stuck in plea-deal limbo. So reports The New York Post.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Details Emerge from Kansas Lawmaker’s DUI Arrest
- Redditors: 'NDLS Massacre' Frustrating Reality for Prospective Students
- Biden Nominates Robert Anderson of Minnesota Chippewa Tribe As Solicitor of Interior
- DeSantis Takes to the Courts to Get Florida Cruise Ships Sailing
- O.J. Settles with The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas in Defamation Suit