The change could impact as many as 80,000 individuals and reverses a post-9/11 measure blocking such individuals from getting a license. Individuals seeking a license will be able to apply in August with the aim of having the documents by October.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 21 seconds
Minnesota to Stop Prohibiting Undocumented Aliens from Getting Drivers’ Licenses
- Saturday, Mar 11 2023
- News Roundup
- Written by Progressive Law Practice
- font size decrease font size increase font size
Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz signed a bill that makes anyone in the state eligible for a driver’s license regardless of immigration status. So reports MPR.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Stanford Apologizes to Conservative Judge Accosted By Protestors
- Minn. Lawyer Uses Music, Humor to Tackle Touchy Estate Planning
- No Apparent Explanation Why Ex-Lawyer Killed Wife in Ohio Park
- Advocates Sue Feds Over Controversial Alaska Drilling Plan
- Tesla Car Owner Plans Class Action Over Alleged Service Monopoly