Cruz faces the possibility of the death penalty for his actions. Circuit Judge Elizabeth Scherer blasted the move as “unprofessional” and offered a “furious rebuke” of the surprise decision according to the article.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 22 seconds
Parkland Shooter’s Lawyers Face 'Furious Rebuke' from Judge
The legal team defending Nikolas Cruz, who has already pleaded guilty to killing 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida, “abruptly and unexpectedly rested its case.” So reports The New York Post.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Ex-Texas Southern Law Dean Sues Seeking Reinstatement After Firing
- Johnny Depp Reportedly Dating Ex-lawyer, But with a Wrinkle
- DeSantis' Facing Second Lawsuit Over Controversial Migrant Flights
- Remove Judge Over Handgun Incident: NYS Judicial Commission
- Woman Who Called Police on Black Bird-watcher Loses Discrimination Case