According to the lawsuit, the mistake was part of a broader coding issue impacting the ratings agency. The lawsuit could impact millions of other individuals who applied for loans over a three-week span earlier this year, it adds. Damages sought are not public.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 24 seconds
Woman Sues Equifax Over 130-point Credit Report Mistake
Nydia Jenkins, of Florida, is suing credit agency Equifax after alleging she was denied a loan due to a 130-point error on her credit report. So reports the Associated Press.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Ex-Texas Southern Law Dean Sues Seeking Reinstatement After Firing
- Johnny Depp Reportedly Dating Ex-lawyer, But with a Wrinkle
- DeSantis' Facing Second Lawsuit Over Controversial Migrant Flights
- Remove Judge Over Handgun Incident: NYS Judicial Commission
- Woman Who Called Police on Black Bird-watcher Loses Discrimination Case