The plot to murder Underwood was allegedly hatched on Facebook, a subsidiary of Meta. Per the lawsuit, the individuals charged were said to have “connected through Facebook’s groups infrastructure and its use of algorithms designed and intended to increase user engagement.”
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 24 seconds
New Meta Lawsuit Challenges Liability Protections of Big Tech
A lawsuit against Meta Platforms alleges the company is responsible for the death of federal security guard Dave Underwood, who was killed by “antigovernment extremists” in 2020. So reports The Wall Street Journal.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- U.S. District Judge Arthur Tarnow Leaves Behind Distinguished Legacy as Indigent Advocate, Jurist
- Once-prominent S.C. Attorney Facing Slew of New Charges as Allegations Pile Up
- Amy Wax Facing Faculty Review as Pressure Mounts to Sanction Her
- Ex-dancer at Penn. Strip Club Sues Over Withheld Tips, Wages
- Alec Baldwin Facing $25M Lawsuit After Calling Late Marine’s Sister An 'Insurrectionist'