The deputies said Keeler had resisted arrest, prompting the response. Sheriff Bill Gore has banned the use of the controversial restraint in the wake of George Floyd’s death in Minnesota.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 23 seconds
SD Sheriff’s Dept. Facing Chokehold Lawsuit After Fallbrook Incident
The estate of now-deceased Michael Keeler is suing the San Diego Sheriff’s Department after the man was allegedly placed in a chokehold outside his parents’ Fallbrook home in February of last year. So reports the San Diego Union-Tribune.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- U.S. District Judge Arthur Tarnow Leaves Behind Distinguished Legacy as Indigent Advocate, Jurist
- Once-prominent S.C. Attorney Facing Slew of New Charges as Allegations Pile Up
- Amy Wax Facing Faculty Review as Pressure Mounts to Sanction Her
- Ex-dancer at Penn. Strip Club Sues Over Withheld Tips, Wages
- Alec Baldwin Facing $25M Lawsuit After Calling Late Marine’s Sister An 'Insurrectionist'