At the heart of the matter is Wu’s testimony regarding the council’s decision—Wu was president at the time—to deny the Satanists a chance to deliver the opening invocation. Coincidentally, District Judge Angel Kelley has been tasked with overseeing the proceedings.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 26 seconds
Judge Angel to Decide Fate of Satanists Hoping to Summon Boston Mayoral Candidate for Deposition
The Satanic Temple in Salem and Boston mayoral candidate Michelle Wu are entangled in a legal spat over a prospective Election Day deposition related to a lawsuit involving prayer at council meetings. So reports The Boston Herald.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- U.S. District Judge Arthur Tarnow Leaves Behind Distinguished Legacy as Indigent Advocate, Jurist
- Once-prominent S.C. Attorney Facing Slew of New Charges as Allegations Pile Up
- Amy Wax Facing Faculty Review as Pressure Mounts to Sanction Her
- Ex-dancer at Penn. Strip Club Sues Over Withheld Tips, Wages
- Alec Baldwin Facing $25M Lawsuit After Calling Late Marine’s Sister An 'Insurrectionist'