As such, he will teach a spring course addressing professional and legal issues arising from working as a state lawyer. Melton graduated from the law school in 1991 and is a partner at Troutman Pepper. He served as the state’s top judge from 2018 to 2021.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 24 seconds
Ex-chief Justice Takes Over Political Leadership Chair At UGA Law
Former Georgia Supreme Court Chief Justice Harold D. Melton will take over as the University of Georgia School of Law’s Carl E. Sanders Chair in Political Leadership. So reports UGA Today.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Smollett Trial's Bizarre Turn: Counsel Says Judge Lunged at Her During Sidebar
- Long Island Lawyer Going to Jail for Scheme to Defraud Child Out of $2M Inheritance
- Meta Fires Back at FTC in 'Buy or Bury' Lawsuit
- Group of Lawyers Backing Trump’s Electoral Claims Fined $175K
- ABA to Allow GRE to Be Used When Assessing Law School Candidates