Officials have appealed the ruling and it is likely the matter will play out in court over the next few months. The law stipulates doctors and clinics could be liable for performing abortions during the injunction period, although the legality of such a provision is in question.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 22 seconds
Judge Blocks Texas Abortion Law, Setting Up Legal Fight
Texas abortion clinics have resumed operations after a judge temporarily blocked a law banning most abortions. So reports BBC News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Trump Ally Bannon in Contempt: House Vote
- Ex-chief Justice Takes Over Political Leadership Chair At UGA Law
- NY Labor Dept. Gives Conditional Green Light to Go to Work High, Explains Lawyer
- Kellogg’s Under Fire for Lack of Strawberries in Popular Pop Tart Product, Per Lawsuit
- SCOTUS Planning Nov. Hearings for Controversial Texas Abortion Law