Leslie Mark Stovall, the lawyer representing accuser Kathryn Mayorga was chastised by Magistrate Judge Daniel Albregts for her “inappropriate conduct,” which led to the decision to drop the civil suit. Ronaldo and Mayorga reached a $375,000 settlement agreement in August of 2010 and no criminal charges were prosecuted in the case.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
Ronaldo Rape Case Likely Over After Lawyer Obtained Stolen Docs
A federal judge in Nevada recommended the rape case against soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo be dismissed after discovering the case was based on stolen and leaked documents protected by attorney-client privilege. So reports the Associated Press.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Trump Ally Bannon in Contempt: House Vote
- Ex-chief Justice Takes Over Political Leadership Chair At UGA Law
- NY Labor Dept. Gives Conditional Green Light to Go to Work High, Explains Lawyer
- Kellogg’s Under Fire for Lack of Strawberries in Popular Pop Tart Product, Per Lawsuit
- SCOTUS Planning Nov. Hearings for Controversial Texas Abortion Law